StickFigure is a plotting and animation tool for C3D coordinate data. This is the file format used for
storing both coordinate and analog data by VICON optical motion capturing systems. The program
runs under Matlab 7 (release 14), and was mainly designed for aiding biomechanical research. More
detailed information concerning the operation and data conventions can be found in the function
documentation of the script files.
With StickFigure you can:
- Load C3D files (both integer and floating format)
- Apply a marker setup directly from MKR file
- Plot a stick figure for any given frame, and at any angle
- Animate the stick figure, both real-time and in slow motion
- Interpolate gaps in the coordinate data, and apply recursive low pass filtering
- Visualize external forces
- Save trials as MAT files
- Export trials as AVI movies, or as bitmap image series
stickfigure-v6-0-2.zip - The actual program (38 Kb)
demo-trials.zip - Demonstration trial files (2,70 Mb)
loadc3d.zip - Seperate function for importing C3D data into the workspace (8 Kb)
Etract the contents of the installation zip file in a fresh folder, preferably in the vicinity
of the Matlab toolboxes. Then add this folder to the path definition list. Typing "stickfigure" from
the command prompt should then invoke the user interface.
This software is part of the public domain, and may therefore be distributed
freely for any non-commercial use. Contributions, improvements, and
especially bug fixes of the code are more than welcome.
Last update: 2011-jan-05